CODE OF CONDUCT:
Lake Norman Outlaws Lacrosse seek to instill positive character-building traits in our communities’ youth through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. We ask that parents and their guests attending events help us by reflecting these character traits at games and practices.
When attending events, we kindly ask that you:
- Be a positive role model for your child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice, or other sporting event.
- Not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing, taunting or using profane language or gestures, etc.
- Not encourage or engage in any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the athletes, coaches, officials and spectators.
- Teach your child to play by the spirit of the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Demand that your child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect.
- Never ridicule or yell at ANY participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Respect the officials and their authority during games and never question, discuss, or confront coaches or referees at the game field, and take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place at least 24 hours after the event.
- Refrain from coaching your child or other players during games and practices, unless you are one of the official coaches of the team.